Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rainy Saturday

Morning... yes, it's raining here. I need to check our rain gauge to see how much we've gotten since Thursday night. It's a nice steady rain so it's soaking in good.

R set off early this morning for the MS bike ride to Greenville, SC. They used to ride to the beach but changed their route a couple of years ago. I'm sure they are all soaked by now. I need to check the weather for the route and see if they will ever get out of the rain.

J is still in bed :-). I'm sure he was up late last night. He usually is on Fridays ... chatting with friends on AIM and mySpace. As for me, I climbed in a recliner at 5 PM yesterday and got up at 8:35 and went to bed. I woke up at 6 this morning and started calling the weather line for soccer to see if the matches were canceled. They kept updating it saying they would make a decision later - lol. So, I'd hit my snooze button and go back to sleep for awhile. Finally at 7:00 they called them off. I finally got up around 8:30 ... only because I rememberd I need to take Buddy out. so after 16 hours sleep you'd think I'd feel wonderful??? Well, I do feel better than I did yesterday but still tired. I'm sure the coughing isn't helping.

OH - J's doctor's appt went well yesterday but he still has another week before he can go back to full exercise. He has to start walking fast for a few days, then jog some, then jog for some distance then he's released for full exercise. He was disappointed but I'm glad we're taking it easy. That will make a full 6 weeks since his knee injury and that is what the doctor is aiming for. He has 2 more PT appts next week because the script allowed them.

I still don't feel very creative right now. I'm sure it's my cold. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to try something.

I need to check the weather for here. Last update I heard was the rain stopping around mid-day. I'm still hoping for that since we'll leave for the WFU football game around that time. It's warmer today so we'll go even if it's still raining. Ponchos work great in this kind of rain :-).

Time to go catch up on my two favorite web sites :-) ... A Charming Place and PaperThreads.

No comments: