Monday, April 30, 2007

Empty lot and dead end...


I can't believe I'm actually posting the same day I took the picture :). We have a quiet evening today and it's so nice. OK - I'm actually posting two pictures. I've wanted to take one of these for a while. It's the empty lot where one of my company's buildings used to stand. It was an old original building. It was sold during the recession and rented back. The lease ran out in the last few years and we vacated it. Someone bought it and tore it down. They are now starting to build high rise condos. So the view from the building I'm currently in will be obstructed. The skyline picture I posted earlier has cranes in it from construction on another side of the building I'm in. We're going to be penned in by high rises - lol. And to think the building I'm in was considered "tall" in it's day.
This is a shot of the skywalk that was between the building that was torn down and another of my company's buildings. I had not even noticed it dangling in the air until I went to the top of my parking deck to take the "empty lot" picture. The trees are blocking the part of the of the skywalk that joins the building that is still standing. And the end on the left just stops - lol. I wonder if they will ever tear it down or if they plan to join it to the new building. Can't imagine that, since I would think it would be a security risk if they did.

4 comments:

joybear said...

You will have to let us know if they do connect the two...that would be strange!! I bet they will tear the rest down soon.

Leah said...

Wow lots of building and big buildings! wonder what they are gonna do with that

Valerie said...

It's a path to nowhere!

Jeana said...

I hope they have the end at the building totally blocked off!