Saturday, March 31, 2012

Congratulations!

Only 9 weeks until HS graduations begin.  My son is graduating this year so I have lots of cards to make.  Friends at school and church are graduating.  I made this card for a friend from school.  I like to theme the cards for the college the graduate plans to attend.  This young man won't be able to attend college :( so I themed it for our HS.  We are the Concord Spiders and he is a Spider through and through!  Our school colors are black and gold and now I wish I had used gold as the main base for the card but it still turned out nice.

I used two KNK files to make it.  The card base is a gate fold card and is from Sam and Hailey Designs (file# JB00231).  I used white card stock for the main base and some spider paper I have for the overlay. The "Congratulations" sentament is part of the file and you use your pen in the KNK to write it. The second file I used is from Beloved Keepsakes (file# BK00264). I just used the graduation cap from the file - there are many more pieces in it.  I cut the cap from a scrap of spider web paper I have.  If you are a Hunger Games fan you need to check out her files series on that topic.

I'm posting the card as part of the Card a Day March challenge.  I think this is the last theme I needed to do a card for this month and it's the last day so I'm just making it :).  THanks for looking.


1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

What a really cute card he's gonna love it! Watch for
gradutaion week around the 15th of April for more ideas for cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Card A Day Blog