Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I'm new at quilting.  I started last August with my first class.  This is my 2nd quilt :).  I have the top and back ready for the sandwich - just need to get some batting this week.  It is so NOT square - lol - but I don't care.  I'm still learning and hopefully will get better - I am horrible with 1/4 inch seams even with a 1/4 inch foot - lol.  I blink and it goes crooked.   This is my first share of a WIP.  Thanks for looking.  OH this quilt is for my son.  I'm calling its Gettysburg. I used 2 HOPE CHEST BATIKS by Edyta Sitar Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda Reproduction Fabric Collection hexagon charm packs for the main hexies and added fillers with Gettysburg Gettysburg Address and Gettysburg Battle Names by Kensington Studio fabrics to have enough hexies for a lap size quilt.  The back which I'm not showing is made from Gettysburg Map by Kensington Studio. I don't remember the name of the fabric I purchased for the background. 

Yes - My son and husband are Civil War buffs.  This is a surprise for my son.  He is almost 20 and in college so hopefully he will like it - lol.  If not, Dad can have it to use.

linking up with http://www.freshlypieced.com/

3 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Funny how some quilts manage to work out of square. Looks like it can't be by much - no one will ever know. Hope your son likes it. Are you planning on quilting it yourself?

Unknown said...

Yes Karen - I plan to quilt it. Most likely straight lines. I plan to get a new machine soon that will make FMQ easier and then I'll need to practice :-)

Angela said...

Looking good girl!