Thursday, September 13, 2012

Autumn

I'm hoping to get back into the swing of particpating in A Card a Day Blog card challenges.  Last week was Autumn and I'm just getting around to it :).  I made these two cards Tuesday, photographed them yesterday and put them in the mail today - YAY.  I love it when I use them soon after making them.

The pumpkins on the cards have a story and here it is.  I took them off a page layout I got either in a swap or a class.  I had not used the layout yet.  In June 2005 we were having our roof replaced and a huge thunderstorm blew in ... can you guess what happened?  It rained inside our house - only part of it thankfully.  Unfortunately, my craft room was one of the rooms that had the worse damage.  The pumpkin layout got wet on top.  The pumpkins were along the bottom so I saved them and finally used them this week - LOL.  So I know they are at least 7 years old and probably older.  Yes, I am a confessed scrapbook supply hoarder - bbahahaha.  The butterfly Hi! is a 1997 Stampin Up! stamp.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Glad to see you back to CADB! Cool cards and great story to go with it. Sorry about the loss (I feel for you we get flooded once in awhile). Great to use some of the old stuff (we all have that too I would think) I've been working on that myself to use up the stuff I have on hand.